terça-feira, 28 de março de 2023

A DASH OF POETRY 8 - MARCH 2023 - «THE WIND»

 THE WIND

I saw you toss the kites on high
And blow the birds about the sky;
And all around I heard you pass,
Like ladies' skirts across the 
grass--
wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a 
song!

I saw the different things you did,
But always you yourself you hid.
I felt you push, I heard you call,
I could not see yourself at all--
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!
 
O you that are so strong and cold,
O blower, are you 
young or old?
Are you a 
beast of field and tree,
Or just a stronger child  than me?
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!


Poem chosen and read by: Alícia Duarte, 8.º B, n.º 3.

You gave us a poem, I (Biblioteclando) give you a picture.

«Campo de Trigo com Corvos» (1890), Vincent Van Gogh (1853 - 1890)

Imagem retirada de: https://citaliarestauro.com/campo-trigo-corvos-vincent-van-gogh/

Sem comentários: