quinta-feira, 23 de março de 2023

A DASH OF POETRY 5 - MARCH 2023 - « RUNNING FROM ME»

 RUNNING FROM ME

Painfully aware of all my peers
The pain, the pressure creates real fears

Trying to escape so many eyes and ears

Overthinking so much, my mind is seared

Afraid of the judgment, so my voice has no sound

Dodging harsh eyes, so my eyes find the ground

This lingering emotion, I cannot define

They say mind over matter, but I say matter over mind

I'm running from something; I jump into my dream

In that happy place, I can be exactly what I seem

I finally understand what this emotion must mean

Because I figured out what I'm running from...

 I'm running from me.

Rodshanik L. Brown

Published by Family Friend Poems February 2014 with permission of the author.

Poem chosen and read by: Daniela Reis, 8.º A, n.º 4.

You gave us a poem, I (Biblioteclando) give you a picture.

«Estudo para composição II» (1910), Wassily Kandinsky (1866-1944).

Imagem retirada de: 

Sem comentários: